Website User Protection
We may collect information from you in different manners and at different places and times on our Website. That may include when you register on our Website or enroll in one of our courses or purchase our Online Products. We may also collect information from you in association with, or through, other Online Products we may make available on our Website at different times. Information gathered onlinemay be referred to as either “Anonymous Information” or “Personally Identifiable Information”.
Anonymous Information (“General Information”): Website usage Information that cannot be traced back to a specific individual, e.g., the total number of visitors to our Website.
1. General Information. NuMoxie® may collect certain General Information automatically, including "site usage" Information from all visitors to the Website. Such data is used only in the aggregate. General Information helps NuMoxie® determine general usage patterns and adapt the Website in order to improve your experience. This type of General Information may be shared with third parties any time.
When you become a registered user of our Website, enroll in one of our current Online Courses, purchase Products, we may also collect information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (like age, profession or gender) and health information (like current weight). General Information may also include user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website. General Information is used to help us understand who uses our Website and to improve and market our Website in general and our Online Products in particular.
You do not have to provide us with any Personal Information to visit our Website. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, you may not be able to visit all sections of our Website or use all of our Online Products or Services, such as enrolling in our Health Education Course or EZ-Living Continuing Education or posting content to any NuMoxie® Community area on our Website. A“NuMoxie® Community” means any blog, personal page, group page, chat room, message board, bulletinboard, recipe swap, or similar activity. In addition, we may not be able to provide you with some of the other Online Products dependent upon the collection of such information.
3. Information from Other Sources. We may also supplement the Information we collect with information from other sources to assist us in evaluating and improving our Website and Online Products and Services, to determine your preferences so that we can tailor our Website and Online Products and Services to your needs, and/or to research and study nutritional, weight-loss, behavioral and fitness questions in general.
4. Cookies. NuMoxie® may, on occasion, use “cookies”, a technology that tells NuMoxie® how and when pages in our Website are visited, and by how many people. NuMoxie® cookies do not collect Personal Information and we do not combine Information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or even what your e-mail address is. We may, however, provide statistical General Information to our NuMoxie® affiliates as to how our customers use our Website. The Website may include content from other parties that may perform user activity tracking other than that described herein. In particular, some of our third party vendors may use "cookies" in ways that we do not.
"Cookies" are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device that identify:
- Your Web browser
- Activities of your computer on our Website
- Your activity in association with our marketing and promotional efforts.
Cookies may be used to (a) personalize your experience on our Website (e.g., to powerfully generate content on webpages specifically designed for you), (b) assist you in using our Online Products and Services (e.g., to save you time by not having to reenter your name each time you visit our Website), and (c) statistically monitor how you are using our Website for purposes of improving our online education courses and content.
You do not have to accept cookies in order to use our Website. However, you should know that you may not be able to use certain products, courses, features, or resources of our Website (including our Online Products and Services) if you do not accept cookies. (Although most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you may reset your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally. Most browsers offer instructions in the "Help" section of the toolbar.)
Cookies may also be placed on your computer by third parties, in addition to what we may place on your computer in order to (a) display or serve advertisements or (b) collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information to provide advertising-related services. In the course of serving advertisements, for example, our third-party ad servers may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser. (We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with them without your permission.) You may "opt-out" of certain tracking and data collection practices.
5. Registering as a User and/or Student. In order to access certain Online Products and Services on our Website, such as our NuMoxie® Community, Health Education Course, EZ-Living Continuous Education, food database, etc., you must first complete certain steps to become a registered user, student, or medical practitioner. You may be required to provide us with information (including Personally Identifiable Information) such as name, zip code and email address, and, if you purchase one of our Online Products or Services, payment and billing information. This information is used to help us understand (a) who uses our Website; (b) how to improve our Website and our Online Products and Services; (c) how to contact Users about requested Online Products and Services for billing purposes. It is optional for you to provide demographic information (such as profession and number of children), but providing such information is encouraged so we can provide a more personalized experience on our Website.
7. Surveys, Etc. We may collect information that you provide voluntarily through responses to special Online Products and Services such as surveys, questionnaires, self-assessment questions, contests and so forth. Some of these Online Products and Services may ask you for health related information. We collect this information in order to personalize your online experience.
8. Log Files. We may collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information through our Internet log files, which record data such as user domain names, browser types, IP addresses, and other unspecified statistical data involving the use of our Website. This information may be used to evaluate trends, to manage the Website, to monitor the use of our Website, and to gather general demographic data. We may link this data to Personally Identifiable Information for these and other purposes such as personalizing your experience on our Website and assessing our Online Products and Services in general.
10. Email or Referrals. Through our referral tools for informing a friend about our Website orNuMoxie’s Online Products and Services, we will automatically send your friend an email containing the information you request to be sent and give the referral Information to a NuMoxie® Health Education Consultant for the purpose of consulting with them in person, by phone or by email. (If your friend elects not to communicate with us or our Health Education Consultant, the Information you shared will be discarded. If you elect to use these referral tools, we will collect from you certain Personally Identifiable Information about your friend such as your friend's name, email address and phone number. We may store that information for purposes of communicating with them either by a courtesy email or phone call or, as necessary, to operate and track the success of our referral program. We will not use your friend's information for any other purpose than described above.
B. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
1. Use of Your Information. You acknowledge and agree that NuMoxie® has the right to use Personal Information and General Information and any other Information (collectively "Information") thatNuMoxie® collects from or about you through its Website. Except as otherwise explained herein, unlessNuMoxie® has your consent, or is required (or permitted) by law, NuMoxie® will not share your Information with any unaffiliated entity.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect. In general, we use the Information collected on our Website and through our Online Products and Services: (1) to help analyze who uses our Website and Online Products and Services and how they are used, (2) to personalize your experience, (3) to support you in using our Online Products and Services, (4) to improve our Website and Online Products and Services, and (5) for billing purposes, if relevant.
If you become a Registered User of our Website or purchase one of our Online Products or Services, we may use your Information to send you a welcoming email that may confirm your Username. If you "opt- in" we may send you electronic newsletters, and/or contact you by phone about NuMoxie® products, services, information and news that may be of interest to you, and provide you with pertinent comments. (If you check a box, or if the box is pre-checked, you do not opt out by unchecking the box.) If you no longer wish to receive these communications, we will afford you the option to change your preferences.
If you identify yourself by sending us an email with questions or comments, we may use your Information (including Personally Identifiable Information) to respond, and we may file your questions or comments for future reference. In addition, we may use the Information collected to contact you about important service announcements and updates regarding our Website or Online Products and Services or about your billing account status, if applicable. You will not be able to opt-out of these service announcements and updates as they contain important information relevant to your use of our Website and/or our Online Products and Services and are not promotional in nature. (If you do not wish to receive these service announcements, you may cancel your account with us and delete the Personally Identifiable Information maintained about you on our systems by contacting our Privacy Administrator at the address set out below.)
In addition, we may use your Information to contact you about NuMoxie® products, services, information and news that may be of interest to you by postal mail or phone if you become a Registered User of our Website or purchase one of our Online Products or Services, unless you notify us that you no longer desire to receive these communications.
We may also use the Information gathered on our Website and through our Online Products to perform statistical analysis of User behavior, to analyze and evaluate issues relating to nutrition, weight-loss, behavior and fitness, or to evaluate and improve our Online Products and Services. We may link some of this information to Personally Identifiable Information for internal purposes only, or to assist you in your personal health and weight control efforts.
e) Third Parties Generally. We may provide to third parties Information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted, including where such Information is combined with similar information of other users of our Website. (For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of distinctive users who visit our Website, the demographic analysis of the registered Users of our Website, or the actions that visitors to our Website engage in while on our Website. The third parties to which we may provide this Information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
f) Laws and Legal Rights. If we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose your Information (including Personally Identifiable Information) in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process we may do so. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this Information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms & Conditions , or our Purchase Agreement or to protect the safety and/or security of our Users, our Website or the general public.
NuMoxie® does not sell products and services for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use the Website only with involvement of a parent or guardian. In response to concerns about protecting children's privacy online, Congress enacted the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"). COPPA sets forth rules and procedures governing the ways in which websites may collect, use and disclose any personal information regarding children under the age of 13.
a) Request or knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under 13 years of age ("Children");
b) Knowingly use or share Personal Information from persons under 13 years of age with third parties;
c) Give Children the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute Personal Information; and
d) Entice Children with the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity to divulge Personal Information.
NuMoxie® does not knowingly collect Information about Children and believes that Children should get their parents' consent before giving out any Personally Identifiable Information. We encourage you to participate in your child's experience on the Internet and to review important safety tips with each child before he or she explores the Internet.
E. SECURITY PROCEDURES
F. APPLICABLE LAW/INTERNATIONAL ISSUES
Because NuMoxie® is committed to protecting your privacy, Information that is submitted to this Website will be collected, processed, stored, disclosed and disposed of in accordance with applicable U.S. law. If you are a non-U.S. User, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your personal data and disclose it to other entities outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, such Information may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction. U.S. law may not provide the degree of protection for Information that is available in other countries. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy, understand it, agree to its terms and consent to the transfer of such Information outside your resident jurisdiction. If you do not consent to the terms of this Policy, please do not use this Website.
G. LINKED INTERNET WEBSITES
The Website provides hyperlinks, which are highlighted words or pictures within a hypertext document that, when clicked, take you to another place within the document, to another document altogether, or to other websites not controlled by NuMoxie®. These hyperlinked web sites may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. NuMoxie® is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of Information collected through these websites or links, and NuMoxie® expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
H. “OPT-OUT” PROCEDURES
If you no longer wish to receive communications from us via postal mail or other communiqué, you may notify us by calling us at (866) 244-8411 or by contacting our Privacy Administrator at the address set out below. You may change your preference and "opt-out" of receiving other communications by changing that option in the Communication Preferences feature of our Website, following the directions provided in association with the communication, or by contacting our Privacy Administrator at the address set out below.
As indicated above, you may also "opt-out" of certain data tracking practices by our advertising partners.
I. UPDATING, CORRECTING, CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our systems. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your Personally Identifiable Information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. We promise that promptly after receiving your request, all Personally Identifiable Information stored in databases we actively use and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
K. CONTACT INFORMATION FOR PRIVACY QUESTIONS
Email our Privacy Administrator at:
Or, write to our Privacy Administrator at: NuMoxie Health Corporation
8924 E. Pinnacle Peak Rd. #G5-498 Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Attn: Privacy Administrator
(Modified April 19, 2021)